We invited applications for Phase 2 of our Strengthening Voices, Realising Rights Initiative.
Please note: Applications to Phase 2 of our Strengthening Voices, Realising Rights Initiative closed on Friday 5 June 2020, 12 noon.
Background to the Initiative
Strengthening Voices, Realising Rights is a special initiative set up in 2018 to support Deaf & Disabled People's organisations (DDPOs) with the resources they need to champion the rights of Deaf and Disabled people. It is funded by Trust for London and City Bridge Trust.
The initiative responds to evidence that welfare reform and austerity cuts are holding back progress towards equality and inclusion for Deaf and Disabled people. It aims to bring about a renewed focus on the realisation of Deaf and Disabled people’s rights.
Phase 1 of the initiative is currently running. It is funding DDPOs offering advice to support Deaf and Disabled individuals in obtaining social protection benefits and in making full use of their rights.
Applications are now open for Phase 2
We are inviting applications from DDPOs in London proposing to carry out policy advocacy, campaigning and other work, aimed at tackling the root causes of poverty and inequality that Deaf and Disabled people face.
We are looking to fund work that:
- Seeks to influence decisions, policies and practices, and;
- Holds policy and decision-makers to account for protecting, promoting and fulfilling Deaf and Disabled people’s rights
We expect proposals to work towards achieving the following:
- More DDPOs engaging in collaborative work;
- Greater effectiveness of DDPOs' efforts to influence systemic change;
- A diverse and inclusive movement for disability rights in London;
- Enhanced involvement of DDPOs in policy processes, and in effectively holding institutions to account
We will award grants for up to three years, and expect most grants to be for £50,000 per year. We can consider larger grants for partnerships of two or more DDPOs.
How to apply
Before applying, please read the Strengthening Voices, Realising Rights guidelines below:
An easy-read format is also available:
If your DDPO meets the eligibility criteria, please complete the application form available here. Once you have registered on our online portal, please complete the Main Grants Special Initiative 2020 form.
You will also be asked for the following documents:
- Your most recent signed annual accounts
- A copy of the job description (if applying towards salary costs)
- A copy of your DDPO’s budget for 2020-21
Please complete by Friday 5th June 2020 at 12:00 noon.
We are here to help
If you would like to see the questions before completing the online application form, a Word version of the questions can be downloaded here.
If you need any assistance in making an application or have any additional requirements, please contact:
- Tania Bronstein, Programme Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 020 8036 3114
- Jaspal Babra, Senior Grants Administrator - JBabra@trustforlondon.org.uk
or call 020 7778 9902
We are also holding remote one-to-one support sessions to give DDPOs an opportunity to discuss their ideas with staff. These are scheduled for Monday 30 March and Thursday 14 May.
If you would like to take up this opportunity, please ring either Tania or Jaspal using the details above to make an appointment.