OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
If you’re an organisation in London tackling the root causes of poverty and inequality and your work fits one of our seven funding programmes, we would love to hear from you.
Are you eligible?
- We fund organisations undertaking charitable activities. You do not need to be a registered charity. We do not fund individuals.
- We will support work that meets the criteria of our seven funding programmes. This may be for a specific project or on-going costs, and can include staff salaries and overheads. We encourage organisations to include a reasonable amount of core costs to cover their overheads, and any access costs required to overcome barriers to participation by Deaf and Disabled people, when applying. The majority of our funding is for revenue costs, though we can also fund small capital items.
- We primarily support small and medium-sized organisations, usually with an expenditure of less than £2 million a year. Larger organisations can apply but will need to meet most of the criteria.
- The majority of the work we support is solely focused on London. However, we are also interested in work that has the potential to influence national policy and practice, provided that a strong case is made for how Londoners will benefit. In such cases we would fund a proportion of this work.
For full details of our eligibility criteria and to check whether your proposed work fits our priorities, please read our funding guidelines.
How to apply
We are currently open for applications through our online application portal. Before completing an application we strongly advise you to:
- Check our eligibility criteria to see whether your proposed work fits our priorities within our funding guidelines
- Read our funding guidelines
- Book a call with a Grants Manager to discuss your potential application (you will need to complete an eligibility quiz to book a call). We offer phone or video calls, and you can let us know about any language or accessibility requirements when you book.
- If you are a current grantee, please contact your Grants Manager in the first instance
The next deadline for applications to our main grants programme is 1pm on 4 October 2022. Decisions will be made in early 2023.
We expect to have three closing dates for applications in 2023:
- First week of February
- First week of June
- First week of October