How to Get Payments
Please read these details carefully and keep them in a safe place for future reference. When claiming your grant please follow the procedures below. This will help us to process your claim speedily and efficiently. If the procedures are not followed we cannot guarantee that payment will be made.
Please note: We pay revenue grants in six monthly instalments. Please do not send your next instalment claim until six months have passed.
When you are ready to claim the next instalment of your grant follow these steps.
- Enclosed with these letters is a payment request form. Check that the details on the payment request form are correct.
- Check that you still meet all the conditions of the grant, which were detailed in your conditions of grant offer (the purple document).
- If you confirm that the details are correct, an authorised claimant must sign the form and return it to us with copies of relevant documentation if appropriate e.g. your annual accounts. (Names of authorised claimants are given on the payment request form).
What happens next?
- On receiving your payment request form, we will transfer your instalment to the bank account stated on your claim form, usually within three weeks.
- We will send you a letter to confirm the payment transfer has been made.
- If further instalments of the grant are due we will send you a form to claim your next instalment. You should keep it safe until your next instalment is due (usually six months later) then follow steps 1, 2 and 3 above. Instalments of revenue grants are claimable in advance every six months (unless informed otherwise).
What if the details on the request form are wrong?
- If any of the details on the payment request form have changed you should amend them and explain why they have changed in the space provided on the form.
- What if there are any other problems?
- If you lose your claim payment request form please contact us and we will issue you with another. Please do not use copies of old forms.
- If you wish to change one of your two authorised claimants please write to us informing us of the change. We will explain what to do next.
From our Twitter
“All too often the voices of those who are living on low incomes are unheard.” Our Grants Manager @AustinTL1 asks how funders can best engage with people with lived experience of poverty http://bit.ly/2SbqUcn19 Feb 2019
Thank you to all of our grantees who do brilliant work every day to make London a fairer city #charitytuesday19 Feb 2019
Millions of people face a twin injustice: sky-high prices for new homes, built on land owned by profiteering developers. We work to find sites for affordable #housing & put the power in the hands of local people http://ow.ly/kCie50lF7NF @LondonCLT @trustforlondon18 Feb 2019
We're seeking applications for secondments into the Greater London Authority Social Integration Team as part of our Citizenship & Integration Initiative. Deadline 13 March. Full details here http://bit.ly/2N4SxOi19 Feb 2019
Do you or does someone you work with find it difficult to cover the high cost of living in London? Would you be interested in talking to the BBC with our support? To highlight the problem and push for change? Then email email@example.com Feb 2019