London is the most unequal region in the UK, home to more billionaires than any other city. There have been big rises in income inequality with senior staff earning many times more than the average employee. In the housing market values have rocketed. There is a large gap between rich and poor, and even amongst those with wealth there is a gulf between the rich and super-rich. There is evidence to show that inequality is bad for everyone but particularly for those on low incomes. We want a fairer London.
What we will fund
(including campaigning, organising, policy work and research) on issues such as:
- Improving the understanding of the impact of income and wealth inequality and development of solutions to reduce the gap.
- Increasing the involvement of employees in corporate governance, leading to greater transparency on remuneration policies, including pay ratios.
- Reducing income inequality, including a fairer distribution of wages, pension contributions and other employee benefits and rewards. This could include shareholder action.
- Greater transparency on property and land ownership and reforms leading to fairer taxation.
- Improving understanding of public attitudes on income and wealth inequality, leading to greater support for change.
- Examining how inclusive growth and devolution might be used to address economic inequality.
How to apply
Please read the funding guidelines in full before filling in our funding application form. If, after reading the guidelines, you are in doubt as to whether your work fits then please telephone us so that we can discuss and answer any specific queries you may have, on 020 7606 6145.
Find out if your work is eligible by downloading our funding guidelines.Funding guidelines - as of April 2020 806.0 KB
From our Twitter
Our next funding deadline is 1pm, 2 June We recommend taking a look at our info page on #COVID19 before making an application. This also includes details on the London Community Response fund, co-ordinated by @LondonFunders , for #CrisisResponse grants: https://bit.ly/3fR8Jkr pic.twitter.com/a1HTR6ECrN14 May 2020
The next deadline for applications to our seven funding programmes is in just over a weeks’ time - Tues 2 June, 1pm We’d recommend taking a look at our info page for future grant applicants during the #COVID19 crisis before applying: https://bit.ly/3fR8Jkr pic.twitter.com/pMgUjuNWmq25 May 2020
Younger people & older workers are in the 'eye of the storm' when it comes to experiencing income shocks during the #COVID19 lockdown, according to a report from @resfoundation & @HealthFdn https://bit.ly/2ZqKu6S24 May 2020
“...the child protection system fails to understand or recognise poverty, confuses societal neglect with parental neglect & conflates indicators of neglect with indicators of poverty” Our grantee @ATDFourthWorld in @MetroUK https://bit.ly/2LQ1gnM23 May 2020
Moving On Up is our initiative w/ @CityBridgeTrust in partnership w/ @BTEG_MoU , aiming to increase the employment rates for young black men in #London Great to see ambassadors of the programme coming on board & looking forward to sharing more on the initiative's next stage soon https://twitter.com/indrap_IMDP/status/1263806814996647937 …22 May 2020