London is the most unequal region in the UK, home to more billionaires than any other city. There have been big rises in income inequality with senior staff earning many times more than the average employee. In the housing market values have rocketed. There is a large gap between rich and poor, and even amongst those with wealth there is a gulf between the rich and super-rich. There is evidence to show that inequality is bad for everyone but particularly for those on low incomes. We want a fairer London.
What we will fund
(including campaigning, organising, policy work and research) on issues such as:
- Improving the understanding of the impact of income and wealth inequality and development of solutions to reduce the gap.
- Increasing the involvement of employees in corporate governance, leading to greater transparency on remuneration policies, including pay ratios.
- Reducing income inequality, including a fairer distribution of wages, pension contributions and other employee benefits and rewards. This could include shareholder action.
- Greater transparency on property and land ownership and reforms leading to fairer taxation.
- Improving understanding of public attitudes on income and wealth inequality, leading to greater support for change.
- Examining how inclusive growth and devolution might be used to address economic inequality.
How to apply
Please read the funding guidelines in full before filling in our funding application form. If, after reading the guidelines, you are in doubt as to whether your work fits then please telephone us so that we can discuss and answer any specific queries you may have, on 020 7606 6145.
Find out if your work is eligible by downloading our funding guidelines.Trust for London Funding Guidelines full document update Jun19 150dpi.pdf 802.4 KB
From our Twitter
It’s a week to go until #LDNChallengePoverty Week! It’s a chance to raise your voice against poverty and show what needs to be done to #SortItOut . There’s still time to be a part of it - find out how to get involved on the website http://www.londonchallengepovertyweek.org.uk pic.twitter.com/kgGTZw6ED47 Oct 2019
It’s your last chance to apply for our Head of Communications vacancy! Closing tomorrow at 9am, come and join the trust as we continue to spread the word of how we can tackle #poverty and #inequality across the capital #jobalert #funderjobs #charityjob https://www.trustforlondon.org.uk/about/vacancies/headofcommunications/ …13 Oct 2019
Thank you to everyone who joined the pilot of our social policy innovation accelerator with @RCA 's Jeremy Myerson. We tackled future of work challenges in the service sectors on #WorldMentalHealthDay @trustforlondon11 Oct 2019
Fab to be at the @Media_Trust @CityBridgeTrust ‘Telling Your Stories’ event this afternoon where they shared their inspiring #volunteerfilms made for and with some incredible charities to promote their voice #StrongerVoices pic.twitter.com/HGIljJvAZk10 Oct 2019
Very excited to be adding the voice and experience of @equalitytrust London advocacy at this event thanks to funding from @trustforlondon and @thetudortrust https://twitter.com/ATDFourthWorld/status/1182274615198015489 …10 Oct 2019