London is the most unequal region in the UK, home to more billionaires than any other city. There have been big rises in income inequality with senior staff earning many times more than the average employee. In the housing market values have rocketed. There is a large gap between rich and poor, and even amongst those with wealth there is a gulf between the rich and super-rich. There is evidence to show that inequality is bad for everyone but particularly for those on low incomes. We want a fairer London.
What we will fund
(including campaigning, organising, policy work and research) on issues such as:
- Improving the understanding of the impact of income and wealth inequality and development of solutions to reduce the gap.
- Increasing the involvement of employees in corporate governance, leading to greater transparency on remuneration policies, including pay ratios.
- Reducing income inequality, including a fairer distribution of wages, pension contributions and other employee benefits and rewards. This could include shareholder action.
- Greater transparency on property and land ownership and reforms leading to fairer taxation.
- Improving understanding of public attitudes on income and wealth inequality, leading to greater support for change.
- Examining how inclusive growth and devolution might be used to address economic inequality.
How to apply
Please read the funding guidelines in full before filling in our funding application form. If, after reading the guidelines, you are in doubt as to whether your work fits then please telephone us so that we can discuss and answer any specific queries you may have, on 020 7606 6145.
Find out if your work is eligible by downloading our funding guidelines.Trust for London Funding Guidelines 2020.pdf 809.4 KB
From our Twitter
We’ve pledged £500,000 to an emergency support fund to help community & voluntary organisations in #London facing immediate financial pressures & uncertainty because of #COVID19 The scheme is co-ordinated by the fantastic @LondonFunders Read more https://bit.ly/39ozAzS pic.twitter.com/wp2WbRs1yx25 Mar 2020
Our grantee @Food_Foundation warns that the #COVIDUK outbreak could lead to a hunger crisis unless the government acts immediately to get food aid & money to the most vulnerable & isolated people https://bit.ly/39y5AkO31 Mar 2020
Heads up @trustforlondon @CPAGUK @AdviceUK #LondonHousingPanel - @crisis funding scheme open to anyone whose work benefits those facing #homelessness . Let’s help it reach the cold spots... https://twitter.com/chanco81/status/1244886926513102849 …31 Mar 2020
Join our grantee @NEON_UK for this online discussion with 4 economics experts on how we might redesign our economy after the #COVID19 crisis, taking place on Monday 6 April, 4:30pm Featuring speakers @Miatsf , @oeufling , @adribuller & @fortuashla Register via @zoom_us below https://twitter.com/NEON_UK/status/1244635793194352640 …31 Mar 2020
Law firm @BatesWellsTweet have lots of practical legal support on #COVID19 available, including a recent webinar held in association with @NCVO covering all the key legal questions charities need to consider Take a look below https://twitter.com/BatesWellsTweet/status/1244545411773272064 …31 Mar 2020