London is the most unequal region in the UK, home to more billionaires than any other city. There have been big rises in income inequality with senior staff earning many times more than the average employee. In the housing market values have rocketed. There is a large gap between rich and poor, and even amongst those with wealth there is a gulf between the rich and super-rich. There is evidence to show that inequality is bad for everyone but particularly for those on low incomes. We want a fairer London.
What we will fund
(including campaigning, organising, policy work and research) on issues such as:
- Improving the understanding of the impact of income and wealth inequality and development of solutions to reduce the gap.
- Increasing the involvement of employees in corporate governance, leading to greater transparency on remuneration policies, including pay ratios.
- Reducing income inequality, including a fairer distribution of wages, pension contributions and other employee benefits and rewards. This could include shareholder action.
- Greater transparency on property and land ownership and reforms leading to fairer taxation.
- Improving understanding of public attitudes on income and wealth inequality, leading to greater support for change.
- Examining how inclusive growth and devolution might be used to address economic inequality.
How to apply
Please read the funding guidelines in full before filling in our funding application form. If, after reading the guidelines, you are in doubt as to whether your work fits then please telephone us so that we can discuss and answer any specific queries you may have, on 020 7606 6145.
Find out if your work is eligible by downloading our funding guidelines.Trust for London Funding Guidelines full document update Jun19 150dpi.pdf 802.4 KB
From our Twitter
Moving piece from @pollytoynbee . We had the pleasure of meeting with the amazing Thiara Sanchez recently.She’s a talented, educated, aspirational young Londoner who,like many others,finds herself locked out of the economic opportunity the city has to offer http://bit.ly/2r889JQ19 Nov 2019
We're with @neweuropeansUK and @BrexitCSA this evening at City Hall for the launch of their report (supported by our member @trustforlondon ) on the role of the voluntary sector in the EU Settlement scheme pic.twitter.com/G1FKTUvz2H19 Nov 2019
Later today, our grantee @neweuropeansUK will be hosting this event at City Hall, inviting the sector together to explore topics of issues faced by Europeans and why the changing landscape of #EU integration matters to all of us http://bit.ly/37lHkTm #Brexit pic.twitter.com/rTjz3X9pKs19 Nov 2019
Looking forward to today's #LondonHousingPanel meeting. For those unfamiliar: https://www.trustforlondon.org.uk/issues/housing/london-housing-panel/ … Too many brilliant members to tag, but: @trustforlondon @RajiHunjan @SolaceWomensAid @NHyouthcentre @toniclivingcic @LondonTenants @Kineara @genrentuk @HomelessLink and more!19 Nov 2019