Last updated: March 2021
We are all still adapting to COVID-19 and the often rapidly changing situation. We appreciate that many grantee organisations remain under pressure – managing challenging work conditions, responding to increased demands, staff stress and capacity, and adapting projects. We want to support you as much as possible in this challenging time.
Monitoring and evaluation can be a useful tool to help you to plan, prioritise and understand the impact of changes. We need to learn and adapt more than ever, and we would like to encourage you to make use of these tools and to share your learning with us.
A couple of key evaluation resources we would recommend during this time are:
- Impact support during COVID-19 - Inspiring Impact
In the midst of the COVID-19 crisis, there’s an opportunity for the voluntary and community sector to make the most of data and evidence. This page from Inspiring Impact shares resources and events to support you with evaluation during COVID-19.
- How to develop a monitoring and evaluation framework - NCVO
NCVO have made all of their resources open access – including evaluation ‘how-to’ guides on monitoring and evaluation.
Changes at Trust for London
At the Trust, we have made the following changes to evaluation support for 2021:
- Offering shorter, more targeted training through NCVO online rather than face to face training until the end of 2021.
- Offering the Advanced 1:1 coaching session for evaluation plans online rather than face to face.
- Continuing to be flexible with requirements to submit plans and reports.
- Piloting new online peer learning events to connect grantees, to support real time learning between groups.
Invitations to the next round of online training which you can access will be sent out to you directly. These are interactive, supportive sessions which have been adapted with the context of the pandemic in mind.
Please read our guide to understand our usual planning and reporting requirements and please do aim to meet them where possible. If the pandemic means that you can’t meet a deadline, you would encourage you not to worry but get in touch with your Grant Manager as early as possible as they will be happy to work with you and discuss adaptions.
We are continuing to explore ways to support grantees to learn and evaluate, and we will keep in touch with any developments.
If you have any questions about monitoring and evaluation at Trust for London, please don’t hesitate to contact us or contact your Grant Manager directly.