The Kristy Bamu case
Following the conclusion of the trial for the murder of 15 year old Kristy Bamu, Trust for London provided briefings on child abuse linked to witchcraft and spirit possession to journalists from, among others, the BBC, Sky, The Times, The Guardian, The Sun, Daily Mail, Evening Standard and the Press Association. Media coverage included:
- Trust for London quoted on the front page of the Daily Telegraph.
- Comment piece by Albert Tucker (from the Trust's Grants Committee) in The Saturday Guardian and online.
- Live broadcast interview on BBC News Channel.
- Live broadcast interviews on Sky News Channel and on Sky's 5.30 news.
- Live broadcast interview on ITV London 6'oclock news.
- Live broadcast interviews with BBC Radio 5Live Drive and Radio 5Live Breakfast.
- Live broadcast interview with Vanessa Feltz, BBC Radio London.
- Broadcast interview with Premier Christian Radio.
- Broadcast interview with BBC Radio Humberside.
The Trust's statement on the Kristy Bamu case is here.
Find out more about the Trust's Safeguarding Children's Rights special initiative to prevent child abuse linked to beliefs in witchcraft and spirit possession.