We want to make our services and material accessible. We are working towards recognised accessibility standards where possible.
Please contact us if you:
• need our material in a different format
• experience problems accessing our material
• would like to comment on the accessibility of our site
Tips for using this site
1. We use PDF files and Word documents extensively
2. Using accesskeys instead of the mouse (for users with motor disabilities)
3. High contrast, changing text size, and using screenreaders (for users with visual impairments)
4. Recommended browsers
• To view PDF files you will need Adobe Reader (free to download).
• To convert PDF files into html or text files, try this online conversion tool.
• Some popular documents are also available as Word files.
To aid users with motor disabilities who find controlling a pointing device such as a mouse difficult, every page on this website uses the following UK Government recommended accesskeys standard. To use an accesskey on any page, hold down the ALT key and press the respective accesskey (listed below). Internet Explorer users should also then press the Enter key.
• 1 - Homepage
• 2 - News & events
• 4 - Search
• 5 - FAQ
• 9 - Contact us
• 0 - Accessibility (this page)
In consideration of users with visual impairments, we have used high contrast text and fonts which can easily be resized using the text resize option supported by most web browsers. More advanced features (such as magnification and alternate style sheets) are also available in certain browsers such as Firefox.
Choose your required size from 'Text Size' option under the 'View' menu.
Choose your required size from 'Text Size' option under the 'View' menu or hold down the Ctrl button and scroll your mouse scroll-wheel towards you to increase text size, away from you to decrease size.
From the 'View' menu, choose 'Make Text Bigger' or 'Make Text Smaller'.
For an all around better web experience (and less security risks), whether you have accessibility needs or not, we recommend Firefox as a superior browser to the one which came pre-installed on your operating system.